Early registration for international cybersecurity conference ends Aug. 18
The University of Delaware Cybersecurity Initiative has joined forces with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Idaho National Laboratory to sponsor the 10th anniversary meeting of IEEE Resilience Week, bringing some of the world’s most promising research to the fore in an effort to protect critical infrastructures from threats.
The event will be held Sept. 18-22 at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington, Delaware, and includes four international symposia on resilient systems — control, cognitive, cyber and communication systems — a fifth on critical infrastructure and three special sessions dealing with human behavior and resilience models and measures.
Among the plenary and keynote speakers are:
• John McDonald, global smart grid strategy leader, General Electric
• Richard Mroz, president, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
• Jonathan Monken, senior director, system resiliency and strategic coordination, PJM Interconnection
• Mikhail Falkovich, director, information systems, Con Edison
• John Everett, program manager, DARPA Information Innovation Office (I20)
• Liesel Ritchie, associate director of the Natural Hazards Center, University of Colorado-Boulder
Other symposium leaders and technical experts include representatives of Argonne National Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University, the National Park Service, Naval Sea Systems Command, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, Syracuse University, Temple University, Virginia Tech, Weather Gauge Technologies and the University of Idaho.
Five symposia and three special sessions are planned, including:
• International Symposium on Resilient Control Systems
• International Symposium on Resilient Cognitive Systems
• International Symposium on Resilient Cyber Systems
• International Symposium on Resilient Communication Systems
• National Symposium on Critical Infrastructure
• Avoiding Skynet – Humans Interacting with Autonomy
• Research and Efforts in the Human Dimension
• Resilience Models and Measures
For more information on the conference, speakers, registration and hotel options, see the conference website or email organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.