Our office provides timely and professional communications support and creative services for COE departments, faculty, staff, research centers and the Dean’s office.
Our goal is to help you share your message with your target audiences. We do this by developing strategies and creating materials that are designed to help you achieve your communication goals.
How we work
When you reach out to us, please share what communications challenge you are facing and how we can help you address that challenge. Defining your communication goal in advance will empower us to come up with a creative solution that meets your needs, timeline and budget.
After you reach out to a member of our team or submit a communications support ticket, we will assess your needs and gather additional details as needed. We will then discuss roles and responsibilities (yours and ours) and determine a project timeline, outline and projected costs for any print items that are required.
Our team also works directly with UD’s Office of Communication and Marketing (OCM) to provide branding guidance, creative services and other communications services. For additional information on University communications brand and standards, please visit the OCM website.
What we offer
Web content and email communications
Contact: Vicky Tosh-Morelli (Digital Communications Specialist)
Please contact Vicky or submit a web request for the following items:
- Web content requests, including content updates, new content, content archiving
- Department and college directory updates
- Research center website design and assistance
- Web analytics request
- Weekly Faculty/Staff Newsletter, bi-weekly Undergraduate Newsletter content, monthly events summary
- University Events Calendar support
- Email marketing support, including templates for email communications and email marketing strategy discussions
- Department MailChimp list management, updates, mailings
Design for print and digital materials
Contact: Joy Smoker (Art Director)
Please contact Joy or submit a communications request for the following items:
- Update existing collateral – brochures/mailers/etc.
- New collateral, including department magazines
- Event collateral (invitations/flyers/etc.)
- Logo requests
- Email marketing banner or template request
- Photography or video request
- Social media graphics
- Swag (t-shirts, giveaways, etc.)
*For materials that are required for events or other in-person activities, please connect with our office well in advance to ensure that your in-hand print deadlines are met.
Contact: Erica Brockmeier (Communications Specialist II)
Please contact Erica for the following:
- News about papers, grants, events or awards
- UDaily article pitches
- Inside UD and For the Record ideas or submissions
- Resources and/or training opportunities for working with external media outlets
*If you have a paper or grant you would like our office to highlight, or are hosting an event that you think is of interest to the broader community, please provide as much advance notice when possible. We respect all embargo notices for publications and grants announcements.
Strategic communications and planning
For long-term projects, planning and additional questions regarding our office’s procedures, please contact COE communications director Stephanie Mabee.
University Brand Guidelines
UD’s Office of Communications & Marketing maintains style guidelines to help all those working at and with UD to be the best stewards of its image, reputation and story throughout the world. Be sure to check these links often, as changes are made frequently.
- UD Brand Style Guide
- UD Editorial Style Guide
- UD Logos
- UD Digital Standards
- UD Color Accessibility Cheat Sheet