Graduate Student Support
As a graduate student in the UD College of Engineering, you can expand your horizons or dive deep into an area of interest. Best of all, you will have access to a wide array of resources built to help you succeed on your journey.
Graduate Student Life Handbook
This handbook, written by and for College of Engineering graduate students, contains helpful advice, links to academic resources, and other useful information about graduate life at UD.
- Academic Calendar 2021 – 2022
- Course Search
- Dissertation Boot Camp
- Dissertation Defense Cert.
- Graduation: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Graduation & Diplomas
- Orientation from the Graduate College
- Recommendation for Doctoral Candidacy form (qualifying exam)
- Register for Courses
- Transcripts – Unofficial
- Transcripts – Official
- Writing Center workshops
- UD’s Official Coronavirus website: https://www.udel.edu/home/coronavirus/
- Coronavirus information from UD’s Office of International Students and Scholars: https://www.udel.edu/academics/global/news/coronavirus/#iss
- Coronavirus information from UD’s Research Office: https://research.udel.edu/coronavirus/
- Grad Student Finances
- My Finances
- Graduate Payroll Deduction Form (funded students only)
- Reporting Credits (if submitting the Grad Payroll Deduction form)
- View your Pay Stub
- Graduate College Travel Award
- Emergency Loans are available through the Financial Aid Office and the Graduate College
- Student Crisis Fund
- The Mental Health Committee of the Graduate Student Government (GSG) presented a helpful list of resources in their Fall 2020 Mental Health Overview
- UD’s Center for Counseling and Student Development (CCSD) offers a broad range of services including individual short-term therapy, career counseling, group activities, culturally responsive services, psychiatric care, crisis support, and off-campus referral services.
- UD Helpline is available 24/7/365 to speak to a counselor anytime (302-831-1001). You will be connected with a counselor who is familiar with our campus community and local resources.
- Crisis Text Line (Available 24 hours a day) Students can text “UDTEXT”, or “STEVE” for students of color, to the phone number 741741 to connect with confidential text message support.
- Delaware State Mobile Crisis Unit (800-652-2929) will come out to do a health assessment, and provide transportation to a health facility if needed.
Graduate Program Policy Documents
Each College of Engineering department has documentation approved by Faculty Senate that summarizes the program’s policies and requirements. Details should be referenced based on admit term / term of entry in the corresponding Graduate Catalog.
Graduate College Resources
(content under construction)
- Terms of contract
- Outside employment policy
- COI management plan
- Leave of absence
- Conflict resolution