Graduate Student Organizations
Engineering is a team sport and one of the ways that students learn to play effectively and win is to develop the ability to work productively with a diversity of people in different scenarios through participation in student organizations.
- American Water Resources Association – Dedicated to the advancement of women and men in water resources management, research, and education.
- Association for Computing Machinery – Women (ACM-W) – A group of undergraduate, graduate, and faculty that support women in technology-driven fields at UD.
- COE EmPOWER – A student-led peer mentoring initiative for graduate students.
- MEGA – Mechanical Engineering Graduate Association (MEGA), a representative body created to engage graduate students in the department within and outside of research.
- Women In Engineering – Group of women engineering graduate students supported by the Dean’s office to help promote the participation and success of women in engineering.
Engineering Student Organizations with Graduate Membership
- Aero Society of Automotive Engineers (ASAE)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Bioinformatics Graduate Student Group (BiSA)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Environmental Engineering Student Association (EESA)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Linux Users Group (LUG)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE)
- Society for the Advancement of Material & Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
To become an official UD Graduate Student Organization (GSO) you must register your organization with the Graduate College. All GSOs must register every year to stay in good standing. There are a host of graduate student organizations centrally supported by the Graduate College.
Have a suggestion or update to this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org