Home » Undergraduate Education » Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Thinking about transferring to the College of Engineering?

Our team is here to help whether you are transferring from another university, finishing a degree started at a partner institution, or declaring your engineering major. Contact coe-visits@udel.edu if you have questions.

Are you considering transferring to UD’s College of Engineering from another institution?

If you’re thinking about transferring to UD, the best thing you can do is begin preparing early. Before you apply, it is crucial to review the requirements by major section below. Some majors are not available to transfers, while many other majors require a higher GPA and/or specific course requirements in order to be considered for admission.


  1. Make sure you meet the admission requirements for your major.
  2. Complete the online transfer application.
  3. Submit all college transcripts* (including college courses taken while in high school).
  4. If you have not completed at least 30 transferable college credits at the time of application, you must also submit an official, final high school transcript or GED certificate. You may also submit your SAT/ACT scores (optional).
  5. Pay a $75 application fee.

*Unofficial transcripts may be submitted to expedite an admissions decision. However, the transfer credit-evaluation process will only occur with official transcripts sent by the institution.


Spring Application Priority Deadline: Nov. 1

Fall Application Priority Deadline: May 1

Transfer applicants are evaluated and notified by mail on a rolling basis beginning October for spring applicants, and January for fall applicants. Once all materials are received, applicants will hear from the admissions office in about 6-8 weeks. Decisions for majors in the College of Engineering may take additional time since space availability needs to be determined at the end of each semester.

The admissions office will email you if you need to submit current semester final grades or other pertinent items before an admissions decision can be made.

Partner Institution Transfer

Even if you started your education somewhere else, you can earn an engineering or computer science degree from the University of Delaware. Through UD’s articulation agreements with select universities and colleges, we make the transfer process simple. In most agreements, you will earn an Associate’s Degree at the first institution and a Bachelor’s degree at UD. Check the policy documents below for details and requirements.

The University of Delaware College of Engineering participates in articulation agreements with Delaware Technical & Community College, Delaware State University, Cecil College, Millersville University, Harford Community College and West Chester University.

For the list of College of Engineering agreements visit this page. For a complete list of articulation agreements, visit the Provost’s Office website.