FAME / UD Virtual Summer Program and Application
About the FAME / UD Virtual Summer Program
Note: Application documents can only be accepted at this address: email@example.com.
Do not send documents to personal email addresses. Only send supporting documents as a pdf.
The FAME/UD Virtual Summer Program has as its focus science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Mathematics and science continue to hold the primary focus of this virtual four-week program. The following material highlights program goals, curriculum, and participant selection criteria. Admission to this very ambitious and challenging program, as always, will be highly competitive. Please note: The ability to offer the FAME/UD Virtual Summer Program is contingent upon receiving funding from all sponsors.
FAME/UD Virtual Summer Program and Application
Special Note: Open to active participants of FAME Delaware only. For details go to FAME Delaware, Inc.
- To increase the effective participation of African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American youth in engineering and other science professions.
- To provide accelerated academic enrichment instruction in mathematics, science, English and engineering related material.
- To provide an intense and demanding academic setting resembling a college engineering curriculum.
- To provide professional/personal development workshops, assistance in college selection and information on the engineering and science professions.
- Student must be an active participant of FAME Delaware.
- Students must be in 10th or 11th grade at the time of application.
- Students selected to participate in the program must express an interest in engineering, mathematics and/or the applied sciences.
- Students must be enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum receiving grades of “B” or better especially in mathematics, science and English courses.
- Students must submit a copy of their high school transcript and a copy of their most recent grade report card.
- Students must submit a one-page essay or statement on why they desire to come to the program.
- Students must submit 1 letter of recommendation from the following: current (or most recent) high school math or science instructor, describing the student’s math or science abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Students must also submit, if taken, their PSAT scores.
- Students are expected to attend all 4 weeks of the program. **No student may be absent from the program more than 3 times. All absences must be approved by the Program Director**
June 27 to July 23, 2021
Duration: Four Weeks
*Application Form should be completed ASAP. All other application documents should be sent by email at the same time by:
5:00 PM on April 30, 2021.
Only send supporting documents as a pdf.
- Rising 11th Grade – Algebra II or Precalculus, Chemistry, English and Chemistry Technology
- Rising 12th Grade – Precalculus or Calculus, Physics, English and Engineering Design
****IMPORTANT: The structured nature of the curriculum of this program does not provide for cross-curriculum offerings for individual students. All students must take the courses indicated for their grade, which means, under no circumstances will a rising 11th grade student take Physics or Calculus.
Supporting application documents:
The information requested from applicants will allow us to make final preparations for the program. Only applicants who submit the requested information as completely as possible will be considered for participation.
- A copy of your high school transcript
- Your most recent report card
- One-page essay
- 1 letter of recommendation from your current or most recent high school math or science instructor which provides insight into your level of math or science preparation. (Please note: This program is designed for students who have shown proficiency in mathematics, science, and English, and who wish to explore career possibilities in engineering. There is a separate curriculum for rising 11th and 12th graders. Unfortunately, we cannot provide cross-curriculum offerings for individual students, for example: rising 11th grade students may under no circumstances take Physics or Calculus.)
Please send ALL of your application documents at the same time to this address:
Only send supporting documents as a pdf.
We cannot be responsible for any application documents sent to personal email addresses. No FAME/UD application documents will be accepted at personal email addresses.
Questions can only be addressed by email because we continue to work remotely. You may direct questions to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org